The choice of fluorophore is one of the first important decisions to make in developing an experiment. Fluorophores are compounds that emit light when excited with another, lower, wavelength, but there are many different types. This webinar will cover:
- How to choose the best organic dye for an assay
- Describe quantum dots and how they compare to other dyes
- When to use a phycobiliprotein like R-PE or APC
- When to use fluorescent proteins, like GFP
- Choosing a suitable dye to match your instrument
In addition, we will explore the basic characteristics, strengths, and weaknesses of the various fluors to help you choose and develop the best assay for your needs.